Page Last Updated: August 2, 2019
Pauper is a format where all cards in your deck are commons. For MagicFest tournaments, we match the Wizards of the Coast definition: all cards must have been printed at common rarity in any set or product, physical or digital.
Example: Sinkhole was printed in Unlimited as a common, however it has never been printed as a common on Magic Online. As a result, Sinkhole is not legal in Pauper.
Example: Chainer's Edict has only been released as an uncommon in paper, but was released in Vintage Masters online as a common. Thus, Chainer's Edict is legal in Pauper.
If a common version of a particular card was ever released on Magic Online, any version of that card is legal in this format.
Example: Balduvian Horde has had several printings at various rarities, and in Masters 25 was printed with a common expansion symbol. As a result, any version of Balduvian Horde may be used in a Pauper deck.
Other than the above rules, normal rules for constructed apply:
- Your main deck must be at least 60 cards.
- Your sideboard must be no greater than 15 cards.
- No more than four of any individual card between the main deck and sideboard.
- Basic lands are exempted.
- Cards with "A deck can have any number of cards named [cardname]". such as Rat Colony, are exempted.
|Cloud of Faeries|
|Empty the Warrens|
|Hymn to Tourach|
All Legal Cards